Assessment Process in an Alternative School Setting
- Can also include primary sources & videos
- Collective effort; process
- Discuss question
- Teacher leads the “lecture” / discussion
- Students & Teacher decide upon response
- EOC review questions from Key Terms are tied into lecture notes
- If incomplete, I have them complete them prior to turn-in
- If habit forms, they are given a negative referral and a zero
- Worth 10 points
- I supplement the chapter quiz with questions from the lecture notes.
In the next post, I will discuss the chapter assessment, which is an important part of the process. Perhaps even the crux of the whole process because of the power and the options it puts into the hands of the students.