Assessment Process in an Alternative School Setting
Here I give you the first part in that process. This introduces students to the standards and objectives
Key Terms, Questions, etc:
- don’t know basic school skills necessary & need to know these skills to succeed in regular schools regardless of current grade level
- have gone through school cheating or not doing work
- use textbook to find answers; requires more thought since questions are not out of the textbook, but from the EOC review
- Emphasis is on effort, not correctness
- Worth 25 points
- 10-15 points deducted based on incomplete work or not putting forth serious effort
- If incomplete, they receive the point deduction, complete it, and/or possibly given a negative referral
- These questions will be on the chapter assessment
- Also includes other assignments & activities (primary sources, videos, etc) These questions may be on the chapter quiz.
In the next post I will discuss the lecture notes part of the process.